114.5± Acres in Closely Held Chester East Township, Douglas County, SD
Bidding Starts: Thursday, February 24, 2022 at 12:00 am CT
Bidding Ends: Thursday, March 3, 2022 at 10:00 am CT
Now is the time to buy!! 114± acres of land in closely held Chester East Township, Douglas County, South Dakota. Surety maps show it to have a powerful soil rating of 81.5!
It is our privilege to offer this high-quality powerful tract of land in tightly held Chester East Township, Douglas County which as been in 1 family for generations. The property is just minutes from Armour and Corsica, South Dakota, approximately 1/3 mile from a county oil road, and adjacent to a nice gravel road. This property has much potential for the farmer wanting to add land to the portfolio or for an investor. Its close proximity to Armour and Corsica makes it a possible place to build a country home with plenty of space for buildings and have the remaining land as a source of income. New buyer will be able to farm or lease the property out for the 2022 crop year.
Location: From the Northwest Edge of Armour on 280th Street (County oil road), head West approximately 2.5 miles to where the oil road on 280th Street turns to gravel and then proceed approximately 1/3 mile West on the gravel road and the property is on the North side of the gravel road.
Legal Description: Morrison Tract 1 of Morrison’s First Addition in the Southeast Quarter of Section 4, Township 98 North, Range 64 West of the 5th P.M., Douglas County, South Dakota.
We invite you to drive by to inspect the property at your convenience. Buyer’s packets can be mailed out by calling 605-337-9851.
Located in the Chester Township of Douglas County, South Dakota, this parcel consists of approximately 114.5 acres.
Please contact John Stekly at Statewide Realty for more information – 605-337-9851.
Barbara Slaba, Donald Morrison, and Geraldine Mitchell, Owners.
Click Here to Register and Bid
- Very Important! Read the terms carefully before you attempt to bid. Once you bid, you will be bound legally to the following terms and conditions as stated as well as South Dakota Law.
- Bidders must register to participate in the online auction and agree to all terms of the online auction. Please register to bid early. If you experience technical problems, it may not be possible to assist you if you wait until the final day or last minute to sign up.
- Bidding is via online auction. When a bid is made, the bid shall be a bid for the total dollar amount for the property and not on a per acre basis. Once a bid is made, it cannot be retracted.
- Bidding opens Thursday, February 24, 2022. Bidding begins to close at 10 AM Central Standard Time Thursday, March 3, 2022. This online auction has a soft close feature meaning that any bid received in the final minutes of the auction will automatically extend the bidding by 3 minute intervals to allow other bidders the opportunity to raise their bid.
- Please bid early. To help avoid disappointment, don’t wait until the final moments of the online auction to place your bids.
- Statewide Realty, a division of Central Real Estate, LLC, and Real Estate Broker/Auctioneer (hereinafter known as Real Estate Broker/Auctioneer) reserves the right to extend the bidding, continue the bidding, or close the bidding due to technical issues.
- This is a Cash sale in U.S. dollars with no financing contingencies so have your money ready to close the transaction. Buyer will be required to pay 15% of the sale price as a non-refundable earnest money deposit on sale day and buyer also agrees to sign a purchase agreement on sale day with the remaining balance due and payable on the earlier of the closing day or on or before April 1, 2022, whichever day is earlier. Possession to be at closing. Buyer also will provide to seller a letter of verification from buyer’s financial institution regarding the availability of funds to purchase the property within ten calendar days of the sale day.
- Buyer’s premium of 2% of the sale price shall be added to the winning bid and paid by buyer plus South Dakota sales tax in addition to payment of the sales price.
- Title will be conveyed by Warranty Deed with the cost of the owner’s policy of title insurance and the closing agent’s fee split 50-50 between buyer and seller. Closing will be handled by Davison County Title unless Real Estate Broker/Auctioneer in its discretion determines otherwise. Sellers will pay all of the 2021 property taxes due in 2022. Buyer to pay all of the 2022 property taxes due in 2023.
- Warranty Deed will be furnished by the sellers. Buyer shall pay the recording fee for the Warranty Deed.
- While effort has been made regarding the accuracy of the information being made available, prospective buyers are encouraged to inspect the property and verify all data provided. Buyers are purchasing the property as-is-where-is with all faults and defects that may exist, and subject to reservations, rights-of-way, covenants, restrictions and easements if any and Douglas County South Dakota zoning. Sellers do not warranty or guarantee that existing fences lie on the true and correct boundary and any new fencing, if any, will be the responsibility of the buyer and pursuant to SD Law. Any lines on maps and pictures are for informational purposes only and are not guaranteed to be the actual boundary lines of the property.
- This property is being sold subject to the confirmation of the sellers. The Real Estate Broker/Auctioneer represents the sellers in this transaction.
- The laws of the State of South Dakota govern this online auction and any dispute arising from the terms of this online auction shall be brought in a court in the county where the property which is the subject of this online auction lies.
- Bidder acknowledges that hardware malfunctions, software malfunctions, viruses, and similar issues do occur and are beyond the knowledge, scope, and control of Real Estate Broker/Auctioneer and seller. Real Estate Broker/Auctioneer and seller are not responsible for your system malfunctions, connection to the internet or your e-mail client stopping any of our e-mails to you in regard to bid confirmations and/or outbid notifications, if any. Real Estate Broker/Auctioneer, sellers, and service providers are not responsible for lost or insufficient internet service or cell phone data service that may limit or affect a bidder’s ability to participate in the online auction.
- Real Estate Broker/Auctioneer and sellers make no guarantees or warranties, express or implied, of any kind.
- Announcements made day of auction, or at the time of the sale will take precedence over any and all other advertising or representations, whether printed, online, or verbal.
- All listing and promotional information regarding the sale of this property is for informational purposes only. All bidders and the buyer must rely on their own inspection and research.